Pricing and Policies:
$85 for 60-minute therapeutic massage sessions
$100 for 75-minute therapeutic massage sessions
$115 for 90-minute therapeutic massage sessions
Other session durations are available upon request
Sessions include client intake, dressing and post-session review. A 60-minute massage means you will receive 60 minutes of hands-on time by your massage therapist. There are no extra charges for different massage techniques that we offer and each session will be designed with you, based on your therapeutic needs.
Outcalls are available on an as needed basis and will be priced as above plus a $2 per mile outcall charge.
We prefer Cash or Check, but can also take major Credit Cards.
A Late Cancellation Fee for the full session price may be charged if appointment is not cancelled at least 24-hours ahead of scheduled appointment.
We provide a variety of services including:
- Trigger Point: Trigger Point Therapy is a style of bodywork that focuses on stimulating and releasing "trigger points" in your body. Trigger points are tender areas of tension similar to acupressure points, except they occur in the belly of the muscle rather than along the energy pathways of the body. These "knots" are built up throughout a person's life due to physical, mental, and/or emotional stress. During a session, focused pressure is applied through a variety of techniques order to release your trigger points. This process can be quite painful at times, yet the effects are lasting and profoundly transformative.
- Deep Tissue: Deep tissue massage is designed to relieve severe tension in the muscle and the connective tissue or fascia. This type of massage focuses on the muscles located below the surface of the top muscles. Deep tissue massage is often recommended for individuals who experience consistent pain, are involved in heavy physical activity (such as athletes.) Soreness post-massage is not uncommon, but should decline over the next days. t should not be confused with “deep pressure” massage, which is one that is performed with sustained strong, occasionally intense pressure throughout an entire full-body session, and that is not performed to address a specific complaint. Deep tissue massage is applied to both the superficial and deep layers of muscles, fascia, and other structures.
- Myofascial Release: Myofascial release is a soft tissue therapy for the treatment of skeletal muscle immobility and pain. MFR therapy relaxes contracted muscles, improves blood and lymphatic circulation, and stimulates the stretch reflex in muscles
- Pregnancy Massage: Pregnancy Massage is typically preformed in a side-lying position, supported by cushions and bolsters. It is designed to provide relaxation, relieve muscle tension, decrease pain and stiffness and nurture the expectant mother. Certain areas of the body are avoided or massaged very lightly, like the abdomen, inner legs and thighs, and ankles. If you are a high-risk pregnancy, it is always good to discuss massage with your doctor prior to scheduling your session.
- Sports/Injury: Sports Massage is a type of massage designed for highly active people who engage in athletics. Engaging in sports is harsh on the body and can often lead to injuries in both the short and long term. Sports Massage enhances performance and prolongs a sports career by helping to prevent injury, reduce pains and swelling in the body, relax the mind, increase flexibility, and dramatically improve recovery rates. Sports Massage is also highly effective in aiding the rapid recovery of an athlete from an injury by encouraging greater kinesthetic awareness and in turn promoting the body's natural immune function.
- Swedish Massage: Swedish Massage is a very relaxing and therapeutic style of bodywork. It combines oils or lotion with an array of strokes such as rolling, kneading, and percussion to help the body improve its circulation. The benefits of this type of bodywork are wide-ranging and include relief from aches and pains, decreased stress levels in the body, enhanced mental clarity, improved appearance, and greater flexibility.
- Hot Stone Massage: Hot Stone Therapy is a style of massage where heated stones are placed at specific sites on your body to deepen relaxation and promote circulation in your muscles. Muscles that are heated with these stones release tension and stress much more deeply and quickly than with a traditional massage. The overall experience is very relaxing, nurturing, and rejuvenating.
- Ayurvedic Massage: Ayurvedic Massage and more specifically, the Abhyanga is a friction massage performed by one therapist or two therapists in synchrony, utilizing warm herbalized oil and followed by a hot towel treatment. As the oil is massaged into the skin, it penetrates deep into the tissues to loosen toxins (which are fat soluble) at the cellular level. The Abhyanga enhances immunity, increases circulation and creates deep relaxation in body and mind.
- Corporate Chair Massage: Corporate Chair Massage is done onsite at your office in a conference room or available space. Chair massage is done fully clothed and uses a combination of strokes designed to relax shoulder, arm, hand, back and neck tension and invigorate the body. Employers can reduce their insurance costs with a Wellness Program that incorporates massage. Typically 2 hours of booked appointments are required as a minimum and appointments last from 15-30 minutes. Pricing is $1 per minute.
Other Massage Services
There are many, many different massage techniques, called modalities. Your therapist may mix different modalities together in one session to address your individual needs and each individual muscle’s needs. This combination of techniques is called therapeutic massage.
At Massage Intuit there are no extra charges for different massage techniques that we offer and each session will be designed with you, based on your therapeutic needs.
Gift Certificates are available for purchase by calling 919-600-2741.
Special corporate gift certificate programs and pricing are also available.
Massage Intuit ® Phoebe Rivenbark BA, LMBT - NC License 12482
6330 Falls of Neuse Rd Ste 102, Raleigh,NC 27615